Senior Software Engineer Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
JOIN US AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Principal Software Engineer, Software Architect, Technologist
About This Opportunity
About Target's San Francisco Technology Innovation Center: We research, evaluate and test emerging technologies to accelerate innovation at Target. We bring a fresh technology perspective to elevate business performance, with a focus on multichannel commerce.
Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team. As a Senior Software Engineer for Target’s San Francisco Technology Innovation Center, you will focus on:
Evaluation of Technology and Engagement in R&D:
- Understand and evaluate new commerce technologies. Ability to evaluate results. Determine effectiveness of the solution and feasibility of integration with Target’s current digital commerce platforms.
- Provide spike development and prototype with emphasis on personalization capabilities, search technology, marketing insights, conversion analysis
- Work both with internal Target teams and external technology companies, ranging from start-ups to the biggest tech companies in the world
- Develop new methodologies and best practices with a focus on emerging technologies
- Bring to life new solutions, build consensus and win senior level leadership buy-in for your solutions
Communication to Internal, External and to Sr. Leadership Partners:
- Communicate insights and recommend areas for further data discovery
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand terminology
- Effective communication skills across multiple levels of the organization, including management and cross functional teams
- M.S. in a relevant technical field or 4+ years of experience in a relevant role with hands-on experience implementing large scale enterprise solutions
- Hands-on programming expertise in at least one of Java, C++, PHP
- Experience with SOA
- Experience implementing RESTful-based and SOAP-based applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build highly scalable and highly available systems
- Familiarity with source control systems (SVN, git)
- Experience in digital commerce at a hyper scale
- Hands-on programming in Python
- Experience with either SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Hadoop/Mahout expertise
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Expertise with commerce technologies such as IBM WebSphere Commerce, Open Source frameworks
- Ability to thrive in quick paced, creative and experimental environment
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Developer, Research, Java, Software Engineer, R&D Engineer, Technology, Engineering